Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Correspondence, letter books, diaries, scrapbooks, account books, deeds, marriage certificates, genealogical material, and miscellaneous manuscript and printed items of, or about, Thomas Wistar Brown (1826-1916), his father Moses Brown (1793-1878), his mother Mary (Wistar) Brown (b. 1807), his brother Moses Brown (b. 1829), his wife Mary (Farnum) Brown, his son John Farnum Brown (1873-1894) and others. Under correspondence, there are four letters from Eliza Paul (Kirkbride) Gurney to Elizabeth...
Abstract This collection includes correspondence between three of the Kirkbride sisters, Francis Maria Shoemaker, Julia K. Clarke, and Eliza Paul Gurney. The letters relate family and local news, and the letters written by Eliza Paul Gurney from England reflect some of her spiritual philosophy. Also included are brief notes on the genealogy of the Kirkbride family.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- deeds 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- Associated Executive Committee of Friends on Indian Affairs 1
- Brown, Mary Farnum 1
- Brown, Mary Wistar, 1807-1842 1
- Brown, Moses, 1793-1879 1
- Brown, Thomas Wistar, 1826-1916 1