Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Correspondence relating to Henry Drinker (1734-1809).
Overview The commonplace book of Rebecca Jones includes extracts from H.F.'s manuscript, Samuel Fothergill's remarks upon Cornelius Cayley's application to Friends of Leed's Meeting, the manuscript found among the papers of Thomas Wilson, a sermon preached by Luke Cock at York, the Vision of William Bayley, and the Quaker testimonies of Samuel Fothergill and Rachel Wilson. The volume also includes copied letters to Friends of the Women's Meeting in Dublin, and a letter to Catherine Payton.
Overview Rebecca Jones's letterbook includes her personal correspondence with Leonard Snowdon. Letters describe meetings Jones attended, discussions of the abolition of slavery, and news of friends and family. Included in the volume is a brief account of Jones's convincement.
Abstract This collection includes letters written to and by James Thornton, mostly regarding his work and the work of other Friends in travelling ministry, both in the United States and in England. Among the correspondents are John Pemberton, Samuel Allinson, Henry Drinker, Thomas Fisher, Rebecca Jones, and William Rathbone.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1669-1792- 1771-1792
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 3
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 3
- Quakers -- History 3
- correspondence 3
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Women and religion 1
- commonplace books 1
- financial records 1
- letters (correspondence) 1 ∧ less
- Pemberton, John, 1727-1795 2
- Allinson, Samuel, 1739-1791 1
- Churchman, George, 1730-1814 1
- Drinker, Henry, 1734-1809 1
- Fisher, Thomas, 1741-1810 1