Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection includes miscellaneous historical and genealogical documents of the Matlack and other Quaker families focused on the 18th and 19th centuries. Collection is notable for its variety of formats, including commonplace books, diaries, account books, correspondence, and poetry.
Abstract This collection includes Mercy Redman's journal of her visits to eighty-seven meetings in New York, New England, and Pennsylvania. During this time she met and travelled with John Woolman. Also included is a copy of the record kept by Thomas Redman of his imprisonment and trial for refusing to take an oath of loyalty to the United States. A poem written by John E. Redman and various other family documents are also included.
Overview John Woolman's diary from his voyage to England in 1772, the original manuscript of which is held at the Mount School, York, United Kingdom. Entries discuss Woolman's travel with Samuel Emlen, including preparations for the voyage, description of weather conditions, conditions on board, religious reflection, and reflection on the slave trade.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Oaths -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Travel 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Sufferings 1
- commonplace books 1
- diaries 1
- travel literature 1 ∧ less
- Benezet, Anthony 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Keith, George, 1639?-1716 1
- Matlack family 1
- Pemberton, Phineas, 1650-1702 1