Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The Collins family was a Quaker family of New England and New York City. Abel Collins (1770-1834) was a birthright Quaker and a minister recorded by Hopkinton Monthly Meeting. He married Mary A. Wilbur (d. 1858) of Hopkinton in 1790, and they had eight children. One of their sons, Abel Francis Collins, was clerk of South Kingston Monthly Meeting. He had three sons who attended Friends Boarding School in Providence, Rhode Island, and continued their studies at Brown University. The collection...
Overview Rowland Greene was a Quaker minister from Rhode Island. His diary entries focus largely on religious visits Greene made throughout New England, as well as Quaker meetings he attended, social calls, family news, deaths within the Quaker community, and passages of religious reflection.
Dates: 1830-1857, 1907
Overview Travel journal of Samuel Newitt. Entries detail Newitt's journey to Rhode Island, including descriptions of visits with Friends and attendance at Meetings in various towns in Rhode Island.
Dates: circa 1792
Overview John Parrish was a member and minister of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. His diaries describe his travels to Quaker families, including those disowned by their Meeting, throughout Rhode Island, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Overview The diary of Rebecca Scattergood's trip to Nantucket from the fall of 1774 to the spring of 1775. Entries describe travel to Nantucket from Philadelphia, remedies for various illnesses, attendance at meetings, and social calls.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 4
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 4
- Rhode Island 4
- travel literature 4
- Quakers -- History 2
- Quakers -- Rhode Island 2
- Quakers -- Travel 2
- New York (State) 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- California 1
- Quakers -- Connecticut 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy -- Diaries 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1 ∧ less
- Burdick family 1
- Collins family 1
- Collins, Abel, 1770-1834 1
- Collins, Francis W., 1845-1887 1
- Greene, Rowland 1