Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The volume provides an account of the Philadelphia Yellow Fever epidemic in 1793, and is largely religious in nature. Entries describe the illness, as well as the death and burial of many members of Cresson’s community. The volume includes a note signed by Mary Cresson, Cresson's wife, which she addressed to their children, so that they would understand the circumstances of their father's death.
Dates: 1793, undated
Overview Elizabeth was a colonial era Quaker and prolific journal writer. Elizabeth's diaries are composed of her personal reflections of the day-to-day life of a wealthy Quaker woman in colonial Philadelphia. The majority of Elizabeth’s entries detail her daily life, including social calls with other Quaker families and individuals, the births, deaths, and marriages within her community, and attendance at, and descriptions of, weekly and monthly Quaker meetings. Elizabeth’s description of events during...
Overview The commonplace book of the Morris family includes copied extracts from the journals of Margaret Morris, which include a description of Yellow Fever in Philadelphia in 1793, as well as copied poems, letters written by Mary Morris and Richard Hill Morris, and a clipped illustration depicting early settlers.
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Isaac Proctor. The majority of the collection is composed of the personal correspondence of Proctor from the end of the 18th century, but also includes a single, small diary, and a single folder of his financial records.
- Quakers -- History 3
- Quakers 2
- Yellow fever -- History 2
- correspondence 2
- Medicine -- United States -- History -- 18th century 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Women -- Sources 1
- Women -- United States -- Social life and customs 1
- commonplace books 1
- financial records 1 ∧ less
- Drinker, Henry, 1734-1809 2
- Cresson, Joshua 1
- Drinker, Elizabeth Sandwith 1
- Emlen, Samuel 1
- Morris family 1