Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview This collection includes an invitation sent to Elliston P. Morris and his wife.
Overview This collection contains a letter written to Elliston P. Morris by T. Edmund Harvey.
Overview This collection contains miscellaneous Haverford archival items collected by Elliston P. Morris.
Scope and Content note This letterbook includes correspondence related to the resettlement of Luke W. Morris’ estate, the executors of which were Samuel B. Morris and Elliston P. Morris. All letters were written by either Elliston P. Morris and Samuel B. Morris.
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Morris, Elliston P.
Abstract Includes correspondence of Elliston P. Morris with his cousin, regarding his views of conscientious objection; also newspaper clippings and a transcript of Morris's court hearing in 1942.
Dates: 1918, 1942-1968
Found in: Swarthmore College Peace Collection
Scope and Content note This collection is comprised of four volumes of Elliston Morris' letterbooks, three large bound volumes, and one volume of Bushnell's Perfect Letter Copying Book. All volumes in the collection contain business correspondence related to financial transactions, including loans, and the buying and selling of real estate.
Overview The scrapbook covers Morris’ time at Haverford College from 1917 through 1922 with a few documents from 1923. A significant portion of the scrapbook contains photographs of the campus, professors and administrators, athletics teams and events (including the football, soccer and track), and several photographs of fellow students.
Dates: 1917 - 1924
Scope and Content note This collection is comprised of the correspondence and legal records of the Morris family, and includes the materials of Elliston P. Morris, Martha Morris, and Marriott C. Morris.
Scope and Content note This collection is comprised of the 51 volumes of business and personal financial records of various members of the Morris family. Materials include account books, trustee accounts, and receipt books. Volumes generally record deposits, withdrawals for payments for goods and services, and account balances.
- Names: Morris, Elliston P. (Elliston Perot), 1899-1980 X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 8
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection 1
- Quakers 5
- Quakers -- History 4
- correspondence 3
- Haverford (Pa.) 2
- Quakers -- Family relationships 2
- Wills 2
- Academic rites and ceremonies 1
- Conscientious objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Draft resisters -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- England 1
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quaker conscientious objectors -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Feasterville -- History -- Sources 1
- Unemployment 1
- War relief 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious objectors -- United States -- Sources 1
- account books 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- financial records 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less