Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview Mariana Wright Chapman was a prominant New York Quaker suffragist. The collection includes correspondence received while she was active in suffrage activities in New York State, 1893-1900, family letters, particularly between Mariana and her husband, Noah, and the correspondence of the Wrights, the Chapmans, and of her son, A.Wright Chapman. The collection also includes Mariana's journals from 1895-1900, that of Caroline Willets, 1842-1846, and as well as suffrage memorabilia, family copybooks...
Dates: 1808-1983 (bulk: 1842-1911)
Abstract The collection contains a signed typescript of short religious messages addressed to "Our separate but united meeting." These apparently were part of an informal group which worshipped together and prepared inspirational "messages" for distribution among the group and for institutions.
Overview Friends General Conference is a Quaker organization in the unprogrammed tradition of the Religious Society of Friends which primarily serves affiliated yearly and monthly meetings. For additional information about Friends General Conference, please consult their web site: http://www.fgcquaker.org/info/
Overview Abby Hopper Gibbons (1801-1893), daughter of Isaac T. Hopper (1771-1852), was an important figure in many of the reform movements of the mid- and late nineteenth centuries, especially abolition and her work with the Women's Prison Association and Isaac T. Hopper Home. In 1833, she married fellow Hicksite Quaker, James Sloan Gibbons (1810-1892), a member of the New York Yearly Meeting of Friends. Her daughter, Sarah Hopper Emerson, used some of this material as a basis for her 1897 biography of...
Dates: 1824-1992 [bulk 1850-1892]
Abstract The collections contains a draft or copy of a letter dated 6 mo. 1846 from Nicholas Hallock to Elizabeth Paxson which explains his religious beliefs; an 1848 letter from Henry Titus and others, Jerusalem, Long Island, NY, expressing their thanks for Hallock's religious visit; a copy of a letter dated 1835 from George Hull to Hallock, dispirited by the divisions among Friends; a record of the births of the family of Edward Hallock, younger brother of Nicholas; and a copy of the minute adopted by...
Scope and Contents Records of the Yearly Meeting on Ministry and Counsel, its Coordinating Committee, the Meeting of Ministry and Counsel, its Executive Committee, and its Orthodox and Hicksite predecessors, the Meetings of Ministers and Elders of New York Yearly Meeting.
Scope and Contents Minutes of New York Yearly Meetings, the Representative Committee and its Orthodox and Hicksite predecessors, the Meetings for Sufferings, 1758-1971.
Records of Trustees of New York Yearly Meeting, Other Financial and Property Records, and General Services of New York Yearly Meeting
Scope and Contents Records of the Trustees of New York Yearly Meeting, other financial and property records, and general services and administrative records, 1672-ongoing.
Overview The Amna C. Stabler Family Papers are a collection of miscellaneous manuscripts relating to Quakers and the Society of Friends in southeastern New York State.
Abstract In 1908, L. Hollingsworth Wood corresponded with Quaker-related schools to obtain contact information for graduates living in the New York City area and updated information about teaching Quakerism. Previously, a committee of the Yearly Meeting had conducted a survey inquiring about courses at the schools concerning Quaker history and principles. Fourteen schools responded to Wood's letter. Folder 2 contains Wood's correspondence with organizations and persons concerned with prison reform,...
- Names: New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1955) X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 7
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 4
- Quakers -- New York (State) 3
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 3
- Society of Friends -- Vermont 3
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Capital Punishment -- Religious Aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Christian Education 1
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 1
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Church group work with teenagers -- Society of Friends 1
- Church group work with youth -- Society of Friends 1
- Lay ministry 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker church buildings -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quaker prison reformers 1
- Quaker women ministers 1
- Quaker youth 1
- Quakers -- Education -- Congresses 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- United States -- Civil War, 1861–1865 1
- Religious education -- Society of Friends 1
- Seneca Indians -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- Adult education 1
- Society of Friends -- Congresses 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Education -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- History -- 20th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History 1
- Sunday schools 1 ∧ less