Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 30
Scope and Contents Records of the Ad-Hoc Committee for Financing the Youth and Family Facility at Burlington Meetinghouse held at Haverford include the group's Minutes (1990-1995), Correspondence (1988-1993), Financial Records (1989-1992), records pertaining to Keast and Hood Engineers (1992-1993) and its Operations and Use Subcommittee (1993-1994).
Overview A general meeting for Friends in the Delaware Valley area was first convened at Burlington in 1681. The first general meeting held in Philadelphia was in 1683, and in 1685, it was agreed that the meetings in New Jersey and Pennsylvania should be combined into one yearly meeting with alternate sessions at Philadelphia and at Burlington. The great Separation among Philadelphia Friends into Orthodox and Hicksite branches occurred at the Yearly Meeting of 1827. Through the course of the early 20th...
Overview The Arch Street Meeting House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was designed by Owen Biddle Jr. in 1803 in the Georgian style. It was completed in 1811. This collection contains photographs and negatives from renovations undertaken in 1990-1992 of the roof of the meetinghouse.
Dates: 1990 - 1992
Overview The Burr Collection includes manuscripts which document the Hicksite position during the Separation of 1827/28 in Philadelphia Yearly Meeting and the trial over the Crosswicks School Fund. It is directly related to the Southard Papers/RG5/312, which contain a more complete description of the controversy. It also includes Burr's manuscript on the History of the Society of Friends which he compiled for Southard as background in preparing his case representing the Hicksite position.
Dates: 1822 - 1836
Scope and Contents Records of the Coordinating Committee of PYM for Education and Care of Members (CC1) include: Minutes, Correspondence, and other administrative papers (1974-1998). For the most part though, this collection encompasses the records of other committees and groups, some technically under the CC1 umbrella and others not, as they relate to CC1. These records were held by CC1 and are thus kept with the CC1 collection. Groups with records included in the CC1 collection are...
Scope and Contents Records of Extension Committee of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Delaware County, PA), 1921-1953, including Minute Books (1921-1952), Financial Records (1928-1953), Printed Materials (1921-1939) and minutes of the Approach to Public Subcommittee (1921-1927).
Scope and Contents Records of PYM's Family Relations Committee at Haverford include the Committee's Minutes (1963-1992), its Financial Records (1987-1994), those pertaining to its Counseling Services (1989-1992) and the Newsletters of its Subcommittee on Lesbian and Gay Concerns (1991-1992).
Scope and Contents Records of PYM's Field Committee at Haverford include the group's Minutes, Correspondence, Financial Records, Annual Reports and Reports of Visitations and Acclivities of the Field Committee--the development of the handbook and the sponsorship of intervisitation weekends for members of Monthly Meetings.
Scope and Contents Records of First Day School Association of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Delaware County, PA), 1833-1956, including Association's Minutes (1862-1930), Minutes of its Executive Committee (1862-1913), Minutes of its Small Executive Committee (1912-1914) and the printed papers, proceedings and reports of its annual meetings (1865-1930). Records germane to the "First Day School Committee", including the Committee's Minutes (1890-1923), Circulating Libraries Records (1893-1901) and...
Scope and Contents Records of the Foreign Missionary Association of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1921-1953, include its Minutes (1882-1921) as well as the records of its Executive Board (1883-1923), International Committee (1918-1924), Young Women's Auxiliary and other Miscellaneous reports and correspondence (1883-1923). Also included are records from the Committee's Branches at Downingtown, Germantown, Haverford, Moorestown, Philadelphia and West Chester Meetings.
- Names: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends X
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 23
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 7
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 24
- Society of Friends -- Delaware 21
- Society of Friends -- Maryland 21
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 21
- Society of Friends -- Missions 3
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 2
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Quaker church buildings -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 2
- Religious education -- Society of Friends 2
- Religious life -- Society of Friends 2
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 2
- Visitations (Church work) -- Society of Friends 2
- Youth -- Religious life 2
- Church committees -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work -- Society of Friends 1
- Epistles 1
- Family counseling -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Homosexuality -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Indians of North America -- New York (State) 1
- Indians of North America -- Pennsylvania 1
- Labor movement -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Land titles -- Pennsylvania 1
- Outlook (Periodical) 1
- Pennsbury Leaflets 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Public worship -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker authors -- 20th century 1
- Quaker church buildings -- Pictorial works 1
- Quakers -- Albums (Books) 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- 20th century 1
- Quakers -- Portraits 1
- Quakers -- Services for 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Racial understanding and religion -- Society of Friends 1
- Real property -- Pennsylvania 1
- Religious education -- Pennsylvania 1
- Religious institutions -- Investments 1
- Social ethics 1
- Society of Friends -- Church discipline 1
- Society of Friends -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Discipline 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Government 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- Publishing 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- Stewardship, Christian 1
- Temperance -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. 1
- Temperance and religion -- Society of Friends 1
- Trusts and trustees 1
- Wealth -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- Women missionaries 1
- Woolman Series of Friendly Papers 1 ∧ less