Anna Braithwaite Thomas Family Papers
Scope and Contents
- Thomas, Anna Braithwaite (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
1 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
- Biographical and genealogical material
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donor: Mrs. William Watkins, 1967
Mary Caroline Braithwaite, sister of Anna Braithwaite Thomas, married Willis Norton Whitney, brother of the mother of Mrs. William Watkins, the donor. (Her birth name is Kaji). Mrs. Watkins received the papers through her sister, Miss Mabel Kaji of Baltimore, a close friend of Anna Thomas, to whom they came after Anna Thomas's death.
- William Charles Braithwaite, Memoir and Papers; FHL call no. BX7796,.B832T4
- "Baltimore Yearly Meeting (Homewood) Directory, 2/1941" (paper-bound, mimeographed) See PG 1.
- "Homes and Haunts of the Poets," Original etchings (5) by W.B. Closson -Whittier, See picture file.
- "Illustrated lecture on Vienna" prepared by the Friends' relief Mission, 1920. See manuscript catalogue under "Vienna" or "Friends' Relief Mission."
- Facsimiles of "A Few Select Extracts from the Journal of Joseph John Gurney," 1851, 2 copies. See Miscellaneous manuscripts.
- Facsimiles of 8 ALsS and I D, in folio, Hanna and/or William Penn, to various recipients, 1674-1701. See Miscellaneous manuscripts.
- Anna Braithwaite Thomas Family Papers, 1869-1943
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA