C. Lloyd and Mary Margaret Bailey Papers
Scope and Contents
Organization: Organized in 4 series: 1. Correspondence and trip arrangements; 2. Correspondence during Korea trip; 3. Post-Korea trip correspondence; 4. Ham Sok Hon Material.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
C. Lloyd Bailey (1918-2001) had recently retired as president of the U.S. Committee for UNICEF. He was a life-long Quaker, worked for many years for Friends Committee on National Legislation, and was active in Quaker education, non-violence, and peace concerns. Margaret Bailey was a retired special education teacher. They left in 1983 and stayed through 1984, when they returned to their home meeting in New York. After their return to the U.S., the Baileys continued to keep in touch with the clerk of Seoul Monthly Meeting and other members of the meetings, offering both personal friendship and guidance on the development and inner workings of the monthly meeting.
This collection also includes information on and writings by Sok-hon Ham. Hon (also referred to as Ham Sok-Hon), was an influential Korean Quaker teacher and was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Bailey, C. Lloyd (Charles Lloyd), -1918 (Person)
- Pacific Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Friend in the Orient Committee (Contributor, Organization)
- Seoul Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society Of Friends (Contributor, Organization)
- Ham, Sok-hon, 1901- (Contributor, Person)
- Bailey, Mary Margaret (Contributor, Person)
- C. Lloyd and Mary Margaret Bailey Papers, 1980-1991.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA