Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Civilian relief -- Sources
Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents A Quaker Action Group (AQAG) records in the Swarthmore College Peace Collection include minutes, correspondence (1966-1971), memoranda, financial records, subject files (organizations), research files (topics), project files, newsletters, press releases, statements of Quaker yearly meetings in various cities, clippings, photographs and sound recordings. The files were first processed in 1974, and then again in 1980. In 2004, archival intern, Joe Clark, sorted the papers into the present order,...
Abstract The Committee of Responsibility (COR) was formed in 1966. COR was comprised of medical personnel, scientists, clergymen, and concerned citizens who sought avenues for helping Vietnamese children under the age of 16. COR organizers provided direct medical aid by bringing children to the U.S. for treatment and rehabilitation. Approximately 100 children were treated in the U.S. most of whom lived with American families while undergoing medical treatment. Almost all of these children returned to...
Dates: 1966-1978; Majority of material found within 1968-1973
Overview Ross Flanagan (1934- ), is Quaker pacifist and activist, has been involved in many Quaker-sponsored projects, peace, and civil rights activities. In the 1950s he served on the staff of the American Friends Service Committee. He was an early protestor against the Vietnam war and worked with A Quaker Action Group in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In the 1970s Flanagan was involved in neighborhood revitalization projects in West Philadelphia.
Dates: 1962-1993; Majority of material found within 1964-1978
Abstract The Friends Meeting for Sufferings of Vietnamese Children was founded in 1966, to bring injured and orphaned Vietnamese and Amerasian children to the United States for medical treatment. Some children were placed in foster homes or were permanent adopted. The organizers worked in cooperation with Welcome House in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and with other organizations. The group disbanded in October 1969.