Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 82 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Machteld Johanna Mellink, celebrated archaeologist and professor of archaeology at Bryn Mawr College from 1949 to 1988, was born in Amsterdam, Holland in 1917. She received her BA in 1938 and MA in 1941 from the University of Amsterdam, and her PhD from the University of Utrecht in 1943. The Machteld Mellink papers cover Professor Mellink’s academic and archaeological career from the late 1950s to the early 2000s. Included in the collection are her writings and notes, photographs,...
Dates: 1938 - 2006; Majority of material found within 1958 - 2001
Overview The collection consists primarily of lively letters by Joseph Mendenhall, a Quaker bachelor, to his cousin. They are written from Lawrence, Kansas, between 1882 and 1903, on topics ranging from Quaker ministers, the possibility of less plainness in meetinghouses, and many details about episodes in his or others' lives.
Overview This collection is comprised of the correspondence of Frederick Libby and Ellison Morris, regarding war crimes trials, as well as a number of photographs, including a photograph of Arch St.
Dates: 1826, 1950, undated
Overview Although the central figure in this collection is the Philadelphia Quaker businessman and philanthropist, T. Wistar Brown (1826-1916), it also includes materials relating to his father Moses Brown, mother Mary Wistar Brown, and wife Mary Farnum Brown, along with other members of the Brown family. Among the papers are correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks and deeds.
Overview This collection is comprised of the papers of Herbert Nicholson. It includes sections of a manuscript, letters to Herbert Nicholson from individuals he met in Japan, photographs of Herbert Nicholson and others, and Nicholson's research notes related to Japanese internment.
Scope and Content note This collection is comprised of the single volume of the minutes of the Sixth and Noble streets association, hosted at the North House, a Quaker center in Philadelphia during the 19th and early 20th century.
Overview The Philadelphia Club of Advertising Women (PCAW) was founded in 1916 by sixteen women advertising executives. The Club participated in charitable efforts, offered advertising courses, published a newsletter (Ad-Land News), and hosted social events throughout its history. These efforts garnered national recognition for PCAW as a leading advertising organization. It also won them recognition locally as an organization committed to helping the community through scholarships and charitable giving....
Dates: 1916 - 1984
File — Box 2, Folder: 46