Women in public life
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The League of Women Voters was established in 1920 as a nonpartison organization to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government. The Swarthmore Branch was founded in 1948 and in 2006 merged with the League of Women Voters, Central Delaware County. The collection contains minutes, financial reports, publications, and miscellaneous papers of the League of Women Voters of Swarthmore, Pa.
Overview This collection contains the records of the Woman's Club of Swarthore, founded in 1898. The Club offered women of the community a means of support and education, a place to meet and find common interests and nurtured the founding of a number of community organizations. The Club disbanded in 2002.