Henry Ford Peace Expedition (1915-1916)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Katherine Devereux Blake was a suffragist and peace activist through the first half of the twentieth century. She was a member of the Ford Peace Expedition in 1915-1916, served on the national board of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and its international executive board, and was the chief speaker for the Disarmament Caravan, which toured 9,000 miles in 1931.
Lella Secor Florence became a pacifist while serving as a journalist on the Henry Ford Peace Expedition (1915-1916) and then participated in several peace organizations focused on keeping the United States out of World War I. She was active in the British section of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and in the birth control movement there and wrote Birth Control on Trial.
Collection includes printed correspondence, flyers, notices, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, conference notes, and newspaper reprints. Includes information about Rosika Schwimmer and the Ford Peace Expedition.
Rosika Schwimmer was a suffragist and feminist leader from Hungary who worked internationally. She founded several Hungarian societies for the advancement of trade unionism, land reform, feminism, female suffrage and pacifism and worked to promote peace during World War I. She helped to form a number of U.S. and international peace groups, including the Emergency Peace Federation, the Henry Ford Peace Expedition, and the Woman's Peace Party. She received the World Peace Prize in 1937.
- Subject: United States X
- Women and peace -- History -- Sources 4
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 3
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Aliens -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Conscientious objection -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Feminists -- Hungary -- History -- Sources 1
- Feminists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Mediation, International -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifists 1
- Pacifists -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifists -- Hungary -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Students -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- United States 1
- Women and peace 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Congresses -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Peace -- Sources 1 ∧ less