Chicago Area Faculty for a Freeze on the Nuclear Arms Race
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Founded in Chicago in 1976, NOMOR's aim was "to call for a moratorium on the production of nuclear weapons as a unilateral American initiative...for a first step toward stopping and reversing the...international arms race." The founders and activists of NOMOR engaged in media campaigns, sponsored conferences, workshops, and benefits, and was involved with the "Symphony for Survival." News from NOMOR was published between 1978 and 1986. In spite of regional support, especially from the...
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Freeze Campaigns-state and local
These are collected records of state and local nuclear freeze campaigns. Freeze was a grassroots movements which called for a bilateral freeze on the nuclear weapons buildup by the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1980s.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1980-1989
- Antinuclear movement -- Illinois -- Chicago Region -- History -- Sources 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Arms control -- Citizen participation -- History -- Sources 1
- Arms race -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 1