Nebraska Nuclear Weapons Freeze Campaign
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Freeze Campaigns-state and local
These are collected records of state and local nuclear freeze campaigns. Freeze was a grassroots movements which called for a bilateral freeze on the nuclear weapons buildup by the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1980s.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Collection — othertype: CDG-A
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Reid, Andrew B.
Abstract Includes correspondence (1981-1988); involvement with Rural Alliance for Military Accountability and its parent group the Rural Coalition; Western Solidarity; reference files include material about: MX missiles, 1981-1988 (primarily news clippings from western U.S. newspapers); the MX missile U.S. Airforce "Peacekeeper Rail Garrison" program, in which the missiles would be placed on railroad cars, to be moved in time of war; also includes files about organizations working against the MX...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1981-1988
- Antinuclear movement -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Arms race -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Intercontinental ballistic missiles -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources 1
- MX (Weapons system) -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources 1
- MX (Weapons system) -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources 1