Ladies Benevolent Association of New Brighton (Pa.)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview The Ladies Benevolent Association of New Brighton was a largely Quaker women's society, founded in 1846 in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, to provide clothing and other necessities to destitute poor. In 1907, the Ladies Benevolent Association cooperated with groups to engage a visiting nurse; this organization, known as the District Nurse Association was disbanded five years later. After World War II, the need for sewing declined, and the Ladies Benevolent Association then turned its support to...