Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Social Order Committee
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Business Problems Group records
The Business Problem Group of Philadelphia was part of the Social Order Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, Orthodox whose purpose was to "deal with prblems of the relation between employers and employees. This collection contains three bound volumes of minutes from meetings of the Business Problems Group of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. The group met and had presentations and programs.
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) Records: Committee on Economic Problems (1937-1948)
The Committee on Economic Problems was appointed in 1937 to cooperate with the Social Order Committee of the Arch Street Yearly Meeting. Clair Wilcox, a Quaker professor of Economics at Swarthmore College was the first Chair. The Committee was interested in a variety of related issues, including industrial relations, unemployment, and economic and social research.
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Social Order Committee and its predecessors (1917-1969)
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Women's Problems Group (1917-1969)
Records of the Women's Problem Group of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1949-1961.
David S. and Mary W. Richie Papers
David S. Richie (1908-2005) spent his life devoted to public service, particularly in the areas of work camps and cooperatives. A birthright Quaker, he served as Secretary of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Social Order Committee from 1939–1973 and was president of the Board of Friends Housing, Inc. He also was involved with the American Friends Service Committee and other organizations. These papers are divided into correspondence, writings, and topical files as assembled by Richie.
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 3
- Social service -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 3
- Business -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 2
- Business ethics 2
- Economics 2
- Christian sociology 1
- Conscientious objection 1
- Consumer cooperatives -- United States 1
- Labor movement -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quaker educators 1
- Quakers 1
- Race awareness -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Religious education -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Delaware 1
- Society of Friends -- Maryland 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Work camps 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less