Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee on the United Nations
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Helen M. Carroll Papers
Helen Carroll's files related to her peace and social concerns, including some material on Swarthmore borough (inc Swarthmore U. N Committee), the PYM U. N.committee, and other Quaker-related papers.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1955-1992
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Committee on the United Nations (1974-2015)
Collection — othertype: SW/Phy/773
Overview The Committee on the United Nations was formed at the beginning of 1974 to create, among Friends and people within the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting area generally, greater support for the UN and stronger concern for the problems the UN was designed to meet. It began as a subcommittee of the Peace Committee, but in 1982 was made into a full committee. The committee published a newsletter, made presentations to schools and churches, and sponsored the Model UN Convention for Friends Schools....
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends -- History -- Sources 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Delaware 1
- Society of Friends -- Maryland 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Swarthmore (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and peace 1 ∧ less