New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955)
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The collection includes biographical information and correspondence relating to the final illness of Percy E. Clapp and disposition of his estate; correspondence, 1916-1919, concerning the establishment of Cornell Executive Meeting which became Ithaca Monthly Meeting in 1938; Clapp's notebook on family research; and miscellaneous correspondence about New York Yearly Meeting records.
Records of the Ministry Coordinating Committee and related records of the united New York Yearly Meeting. This collection also includes the records of predecessor groups: the Yearly Meeting on Ministry and Counsel (1978-2007), the Meeting of Ministry and Counsel and its Executive Committee (1956-1978), the Orthodox and Hicksite Meetings of Ministers and Elders of the two New York Yearly Meetings (1828-1955), and the Pre-Separation records of Ministers and Elders (1650s-1828).
Minutes of New York Yearly Meetings, the Representative Committee and its Orthodox and Hicksite predecessors, the Meetings for Sufferings, 1758-1971. This collection also includes membership records and directories, memorial minutes, and New York Yearly Meeting publications (including disciplines).
Records of the Trustees of New York Yearly Meeting, other financial and property records, and general services and administrative records, 1672-ongoing.
The collection contains correspondence concerning Quaker organizations, obituary and memorial notices, and papers which reflect Carolena Wood's participation in Quaker organizations. A letter from John Nicholson describes Friends work with the Seneca Indians, 1900.
- Quakers -- New York (State) 4
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 3
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 3
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 3
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 3
- Society of Friends -- Vermont 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 2
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 2
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 2
- Church work with African Americans -- Society of Friends 1
- Freedmen -- United States -- Social conditions 1
- International relief -- Societies, etc 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Poor -- Services for -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quaker women -- New York (State) -- Mount Kisco 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Relations with Indians -- 20th century 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Quakers -- Vermont 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Visions 1
- diaries 1 ∧ less