Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Papers of the Philadelphia families Bloomfield, Coates, Cresson, Emlen, Gumbes, Horner, Howel, Lloyd, Macomb, Moore, Vaux and Wetherill families from the 19th and 20th centuries. Some of these families were Quaker, including Coates, Emlen and Vaux; others had some Quaker family members, including Cresson, other families (as represented in this collection, including Gumbes and Wetherill, did not remain Quaker.
Primarily commonplace books of Susan H. Loyd (1802?-1857), there is also a diary of Loyd's (1818-1828)and a book of financial receipts for William Brown, 1795-1818, as well as a commonplace book kept by Sarah Loyd.
This collection contains one item, which is a genealogy of the Samuel Lloyd and Rachel Braithwaite family. It is typed, and was created in 1914 by an unknown author. It includes description of five generations of their descendents.
This collection includes a variety of diaries of the Lloyd family, including three anonymous diaries, one diary written by Mary Ann Lloyd, one by Sarah Lloyd, and one by Susan Lloyd. Diary entries are generally related to religion, Quaker meetings, and social calls. Some volumes includes extracts or poetry.
The Lloyd family was a Quaker family from Pennsylvania. This small collection contains correspondence, financial papers, manuscript notes, and some miscellaneous papers which descended in the family. R. Louis Lloyd, the donor, published a family genealogy in 1947.
Morris Lloyd (1856-1932) was a Philadelphia Quaker and the nephew of Elizabeth Lloyd Jr. Collection includes genealogical chart of descent from Robert Lloyd and Lowry Jones of Merion; diary (1832) of Mary Beans, a Bucks County school teacher; commonplace books of Elizabeth Lloyd, Jr.; Morris Lloyd's diaries (1880) of a trip to California. and printed material kept by the family.
- diaries 5
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 4
- Quakers -- Diaries 3
- Quakers -- History 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 3
- genealogies (histories) 3
- Quakers 2
- Burlington County (N.J.) 1
- California -- Description and travel 1
- Death 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) 1
- Fugitive slaves -- Pennsylvania 1
- Germans -- Pennsylvania 1
- Literature 1
- New Jersey -- description and travel 1
- Pennsylvania -- Description and travel 1
- Poetry 1
- Prison reformers 1
- Prisons -- Missions and charities -- United States 1
- Prisons -- United States 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Biography 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Travel 1
- Quakers in business 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Temperance 1
- Voyages and travels -- United States -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- albums (books) 1
- commonplace books 1
- correspondence 1
- deeds 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less