Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Contains papers of Quakers of Delaware and southern Chester County (Pa.), particularly members of the Bye, Jenkinson, Passmore, Speakman, and Smith families. The collection includes correspondence, business records, photographs, and memorabilia of E. Mortimer and Pusey Passmore Bye, Thomas Jenkinson, Thomas H. Speakman, and Nathaniel Smith. Also includes accounts of Phebe Thomas who died at the age of 104 in Chester County (Pa.) and had witnessed the Battle of Brandywine as a child.
This collection includes letters, biographical accounts of Friends, genealogical material, legal and financial papers, business accounts, minutes, accounts of dreams and visions of Friends, essays, notebooks, epistles of Friends' Meetings, marriage certificates, maps, pictures, deeds, and other material of the Smith and Atwater families.
This collection contains materials collected and donated by Frank Evans, spanning the years 1776-1978. Included in the collection are the letters, inventories, business documents, stories, geneological records, photographs, and daguerreotypes of prominant Quaker families, the Smith, Evans, Carter, Cope, Waring, and Whiteall families.
Materials pertain to the Gummere family, including the 1868 diary of Francis Barton Gummere, letters of various members of the Gummere family in the mid-19th century and a manuscript "The Romance of Old Silver" possibly by Amelia Mott Gummere. Also material of the New York Mott family, including a volume of the correspondence of Richard Mott (a minister) and Abigail Field Mott (an elder) who were husband and wife.
The Parvin family was a Quaker family of Berks County, Pennsylvania. The collection contains papers of the Parvin and allied Brinton, Kirk, Smith, and Starr families, including list of burials in relocated Friends burying grounds of Exeter Monthly Meeting, and account of families affiliated with Maiden Creek Meeting.
This collection includes letters between David Smyth and his brothers Thomas and John, regarding business and family news. Also included are notes on the Smyth family genealogy and on the Welsh tract.
- Berks County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Burial -- Pennsylvania 1
- Diaries 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Quaker cemeteries 1
- Quaker cemeteries -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker politicians 1
- Quaker women -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Conduct of life 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Delaware -- Wilmington 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Berks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers in business 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- business records 1
- daguerreotypes (photographs) 1
- genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less