Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Contains papers of Quakers of Delaware and southern Chester County (Pa.), particularly members of the Bye, Jenkinson, Passmore, Speakman, and Smith families. The collection includes correspondence, business records, photographs, and memorabilia of E. Mortimer and Pusey Passmore Bye, Thomas Jenkinson, Thomas H. Speakman, and Nathaniel Smith. Also includes accounts of Phebe Thomas who died at the age of 104 in Chester County (Pa.) and had witnessed the Battle of Brandywine as a child.
This collection contains materials collected and donated by Frank Evans, spanning the years 1776-1978. Included in the collection are the letters, inventories, business documents, stories, geneological records, photographs, and daguerreotypes of prominant Quaker families, the Smith, Evans, Carter, Cope, Waring, and Whiteall families.
The Parvin family was a Quaker family of Berks County, Pennsylvania. The collection contains papers of the Parvin and allied Brinton, Kirk, Smith, and Starr families, including list of burials in relocated Friends burying grounds of Exeter Monthly Meeting, and account of families affiliated with Maiden Creek Meeting.
This collection includes letters, biographical accounts of Friends, genealogical material, legal and financial papers, business accounts, minutes, accounts of dreams and visions of Friends, essays, notebooks, epistles of Friends' Meetings, marriage certificates, maps, pictures, deeds, and other material of the Smith and Atwater families.
The collection contains family correspondence, most received by Ebenezer R. Smith, a Quaker of New York State and Iowa. Of interest is an unsent letter to Orson Squire Fowler, phrenologist and radical author, in which Ebenezer Smith expresses interest in taking Fowler's courses in order to pursue a career as lecturer and phrenologist. Letters from his parents, Barak and Mary Smith, of Springdale, Iowa, and other relations mention farm life and family concerns.
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 2
- Astronomy 1
- Berks County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Burial -- Pennsylvania 1
- Diaries 1
- Medicine 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Phrenology 1
- Quaker cemeteries 1
- Quaker cemeteries -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker politicians 1
- Quaker women -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Conduct of life 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Delaware -- Wilmington 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Iowa 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Berks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers in business 1
- Smith family 1
- Society of Friends -- Correspondence 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- Yellow fever -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- business records 1
- daguerreotypes (photographs) 1
- genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less