Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
The commonplace book of the Morris family includes copied extracts from the journals of Margaret Morris, which include a description of Yellow Fever in Philadelphia in 1793, as well as copied poems, letters written by Mary Morris and Richard Hill Morris, and a clipped illustration depicting early settlers.
The Morris family financial records include account books, trustee accounts, and receipt books. Volumes generally record deposits, withdrawals for payments for goods and services, and account balances.
This letterbook includes correspondence related to the resettlement of Luke W. Morris’s estate, the executors of which were Samuel B. Morris and Elliston P. Morris. All letters were written by either Elliston P. Morris and Samuel B. Morris.
The papers of two prominent Philadelphia Quaker families, Morris and Sansom, spanning more than two centuries, from the colonial period into the 20th century. Topics include cultural and religious life and social and economic development.
A history across several generations of Quaker brewers beginning with Anthony Morris in the 17th century. As well, there is genealogical and biographical information on the Perot, Marshall, Morris, Gomey, Siter, Powell, and Wilcox families.
- Quakers -- History 4
- Quakers 3
- Quakers -- Family relationships 3
- correspondence 3
- Quaker businesspeople 2
- diaries 2
- Agriculture -- United States 1
- Art critics -- United States 1
- Backlog Camp 1
- Brewing industry 1
- Cadorus farm 1
- Child rearing -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States 1
- Family -- Religious life -- Society of Friends 1
- Land tenure -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 1
- Quaker deeds 1
- Quaker lawyers 1
- Quaker women 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wills 1
- Yellow fever 1
- Yellow fever -- History 1
- account books 1
- commonplace books 1
- deeds 1
- financial records 1
- indentures 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- marriage certificates 1 ∧ less