Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — othertype: SC-147
Overview Joseph Fell (1804-1887), the son of Dr. David and Phebe Schofield Fell, was a Pennsylvania Quaker teacher and farmer. In 1835 he married Harriet Williams, the daughter of Samuel and Sarah Watson Williams of Buckingham, Pa. Joseph and Harriet Fell had five children: William W. (1836-1874), Emily Catherine who married William Seal in 1863; David Newlin (1840-1919) who married Martha Trego; Edward Watson (1843-1901) who married Elizabeth Matlack Kenderdine in 1867; and Lucy W. Fell, born 1847....
Collection — othertype: SC-076
Abstract This collection includes letters written to Mary W. Longshore from the family of her sister, Martha Williams, after the Williams moved from Pennsylvania to Warsaw, Ohio. Included are letters from her sister, brother-in-law, Isaac B. Williams, and nephews, Jonathon and Jeremiah. These letters relate family and local news, and news about the temperance and anti-slavery movements. A letter from Isaac B. Williams, dated 1861, relates his thoughts on the prospect of civil war. A letter from Dr....
Dates: 1840-1965-bulk 1840-1861
Overview Edward F. Stratton (1876-1968) was a Quaker from Salem and Barnesville, Ohio. He served as Curator of the Salem Quarterly Meeting records and was Librarian of the Friends Society, Salem, Ohio. The collection contains historical and biographical information compiled by Edward F. Stratton about the Maule, Stratton, Williams, and related Ohio Quaker families, especially those involved in separations in Ohio Yearly Meeting. Of particular interest are Joshua's Maule's diaries and correspondence...
Overview Donald Carré Turner (1909-1989) was a construction executive, a genealogist, and an alumnus of Swarthmore College. After his retirement in 1972, Turner devoted much of his time to genealogy. The Turner family was from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and came to this country from England in the seventeenth century. Earlier generations were members of Third Haven and Cecil Monthly Meetings. Lineal surnames include Carré, Birch, Caulk, Betterton, Wilson, Jefferey, Homestead, Course, Sinclair,...
Collection — othertype: MSS-021
Identifier: MSS 021
Scope and Contents
Carbon copy of typescript of Williams Family Genealogy, 1730-1901, with additional charts provided by Thomas H. Shoemaker.
Collection — othertype: SC-201
Abstract Contains family correspondence and some other papers of the extended Williams family, primarily from Esther and Benjamin Williams who were Philadelphia Quakers and from their nephew, Charles B. Williams, the son of Thomas Williams. Correspondents include Lippincotts, Warner, Roberts, and Dubre family members. Of special interest is a letter from Charles B. Williams, 1853, describing the vacationing habits of Philadelphians at mid-century. Also, a 1856 letter from Isaac Williams concerning...
- Collection 6
- Archival Record 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 3
- Antislavery movements 1
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 1
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with African Americans 1
- Conscientious objectors 1
- Indians, treatment of 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Kent County 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Talbot County 1
- Quakers -- Mississippi 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 1
- Quakers -- Ohio -- Columbiana County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Bucks County 1
- Quakers -- Race relations 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Quakers -- Texas 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Customs and practices 1
- Society of Friends -- History -- 19th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends -- Testimonies and concerns 1
- Society of Friends -- Wilburite controversy 1
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 1
- Spiritualism -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century 1
- Temperance -- Ohio -- Columbiana County 1
- Temperance and religion -- Society of Friends 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Public Opinion 1
- Vacations -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century 1 ∧ less