Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The Darlingtons were a Quaker family of Pennsylvania and New Jersey with strong ties to Swarthmore College, and their collection, dating from 1864 to 1953, consists of photographs depicting the daily lives of the family and their connections to Swarthmore.
Contains copy and original poetry. Hannah Darlington (1840-1885) and Sarah Maria Darlington (b. 1838) were the daughters of George Darlington and Susan Coates Darlington of Birmingham Monthly Meeting. The poems have local subjects including an Indian burial ground of the Brandywine and a poem written by their father George Darlington in 1850 about the death of his first wife, Maria Haines Darlington (1805-1830).
The Palmer family was a Hicksite Quaker family who settled in Bucks County, PA, but who were also active in Delaware County, especially as several family members attended Swarthmore College. Dating from the 1880s to the 1890s, this collections consists of cabinet cards and cartes de visite that depict members of the Palmer family as well as family relatives or friends.
- Collection 4
- Archival Record 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) 2
- Agriculture -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Dairy farmers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Media (Pa.) 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- Society of Friends -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- portraits 1 ∧ less