Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Business records of the historic Delaware County, Pennsylvania, dairy farm and creamery of J and J Darlington, as well as the business records of the Darlington/Darling Post Office, about 1879-1922. The rural branch of Postal Service was established about 1879 and officially closed in 1976. The name was changed to Darling Post Office in 1896 to avoid confusion with a Darlington in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
The Darlingtons were a Quaker family of Pennsylvania and New Jersey with strong ties to Swarthmore College, and their collection, dating from 1864 to 1953, consists of photographs depicting the daily lives of the family and their connections to Swarthmore.
The Palmer family was a Hicksite Quaker family who settled in Bucks County, PA, but who were also active in Delaware County, especially as several family members attended Swarthmore College. Dating from the 1880s to the 1890s, this collections consists of cabinet cards and cartes de visite that depict members of the Palmer family as well as family relatives or friends.
- Type: Collection X
- Delaware County (Pa.) 2
- Agriculture -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Dairy farmers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Media (Pa.) 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- Society of Friends -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- portraits 1 ∧ less