Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection is comprised of a single Bible from 1599, which has genealogical notes handwritten within the text. It also includes a set of transcribed notes, which lists where each note is, and a transcription as possible for the genealogy.
The papers relate to the Hicksite Separation of 1827. Included are copies of the published Orthodox declaration of 1828, a letter from John Comly (1773-1850) in defense of his own actions in the Separation, a copy of the address by John Comly to Green Street Monthly Meeting, and a refutation of Orthodox charges against Hicksites by William Gibbons.
The Palmer family was a Hicksite Quaker family who settled in Bucks County, PA, but who were also active in Delaware County, especially as several family members attended Swarthmore College. Dating from the 1880s to the 1890s, this collections consists of cabinet cards and cartes de visite that depict members of the Palmer family as well as family relatives or friends.
- Bible 1
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Hicksites 1
- Moreland (Montgomery County, Pa. : Township) 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines -- History -- 19th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- diaries 1
- family papers 1
- genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less