- Existence: 1624 - 1691
Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
Lewis Benson papers
The Lewis Benson Papers document the life and service of Lewis V. Benson (1906-1986), a Quaker and recorded minister of New York Yearly Meeting. His in-depth reading and study of the writings of 17th century Quakers gave him the venue to bring their message to a modern audience. He did this predominantly through his own writings and lectures.
Lewis Benson papers addition
The Lewis Benson papers addition comprises many additions of materials to his original collection (HC.MC.1162). The collection is composed primarily of correspondence, Benson's writings, materials on fellowships Benson was involved with, and resources he may have used in his writings.
British Friends' letters
Letters of English Friends containing information on Quaker history as well as religious and cultural activities. The collection also includes letters relating to the activities of early Friends.
Henry J. Cadbury papers
Papers of Quaker Biblical scholar Henry J. Cadbury (1883-1974), a founder of the American Friends Service Committee and Nobel Prize winner on behalf of the American Friends Service Committee. Cadbury taught at Haverford (1910-1919 and 1954-1963) and Bryn Mawr Colleges as well as Harvard Divinity School as Hollis Professor of Divinity.
De Armand Family Album
This collection consists of a family album of cartes de visite depicting prominent Friends and members of various Quaker families. The album seemed to belong to William Webster, whose family immigrated to Woodbridge, New Jersey circa 1685 and who helped in the development of Plainfield, New Jersey and the Plainfield Meeting House in the late 1700s.
"Charismatic Communication: A Critical Analysis of the Rhetorical Behaviors of George Fox, Founder of the Society of Friends"
The manuscript of Eugene C. Elser's dissertation analyzes the rhetoric of George Fox in his journal entries and analyzes George Fox as a "charismatic communicator."
"Epistles and Sermons of George Fox"
This collection is comprised of the single, handwritten volume of the epistles and sermons of George Fox, ca. 1683. The inside cover of a later binding attributes the volume to Thomas Richardson, dated 1714. However, it has been speculated that the volume may have been written originally by one of George Fox’s secretaries.
"The Short Journal of George Fox"
This copy of "The Short Journal of George Fox" was transcribed from the original by Emily Jermyn. The manuscript describes the life of George Fox.
George Fox's 'Book of Miracles'
George Fox papers
Includes letters, portraits, photographs, illustrations, articles, clippings, pamphlets, and a map concerning the life and times of George Fox. Topics covered include Fox's itinerary of his trip to America, the Dutch Bible Fox carried with him on his trip to Holland in 1677, pictures of places associated with Fox, birthplace, funeral, and grave of Fox. Includes material from the George Fox tercentary of 1924 (on the 300th anniversary of his birth).
- Collection 25
- Archival Record 2
- Quakers 17
- Quakers -- History 16
- manuscripts (documents) 11
- letters (correspondence) 7
- Quakers -- Great Britain 4
- clippings (information artifacts) 4
- scrapbooks 3
- Academic writing 2
- Church -- Apostolicity 2
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Mysticism 2
- New Foundation Fellowship 2
- Sermons 2
- Society of Friends -- Barbados 2
- Society of Friends -- England 2
- Society of Friends -- Testimonies and concerns 2
- Young Friends Movement (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2
- biographies (documents) 2
- commonplace books 2
- lecture notes 2
- Abolitionists 1
- Agriculture 1
- American poetry 1
- Bedford (Westchester County, N.Y.) 1
- Bible. Gospels 1
- Bible. Luke 1
- Christianity -- Study and teaching 1
- Church work -- Society of Friends 1
- Drama 1
- England 1
- England -- Description and travel 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 1
- Haverford (Pa.) 1
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Mount Kisco (N.Y.) 1
- Netherlands 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) -- History -- Sources 1
- Photography 1
- Poetry 1
- Prison reformers 1
- Puritans 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quaker church buildings 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Portraits 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- United States 1
- Religion 1
- Seneca Indians 1
- Sheep 1
- Slavery -- Barbados 1
- Social reformers -- United States 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- History -- 17th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Netherlands 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1
- Travel 1
- autobiographies (documents) 1
- autographs (manuscripts) 1
- awards 1
- bibliographies 1
- bookkeeping records 1
- business records 1
- correspondence 1
- diaries 1
- essays 1
- financial records 1
- maps (documents) 1
- notes 1
- pamphlets 1
- photograph albums 1
- photographs 1
- trade catalogs 1
- travel photography 1 ∧ less