Jackson, William M. (William Morris), 1837-1919
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Anna M. Jackson and her daughter, Anna M. (Jackson Branson) Theiss, were Quaker activists in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Anna M. Jackson was very involved in reform activities in New York City. She served as Chairman of the Women's Prison Reform Committee, and was also involved in the Women's Municipal League and the Political Study Club. Her daughter, Anna Morris Jackson ("Pansy"), attended Swarthmore College for two years, and in 1909 earned a B.S. in Education from Columbia...
Collection — othertype: SC-179
Overview George B. Jackson, Swarthmore College Class of 1921, was a New York Quaker businessman. A member of New York Monthly Meeting, he was interested in family history and compiled the collection which contains farm daybooks of his great grandfather James M. Jackson of Quakertown and the memoirs of his grandfather, William Morris Jackson, Quaker businessman, reformer, and Trustee of Swarthmore College. The collection also contains genealogical information on the Jackson, Bacon, Chapin and Morris...
Overview Founded in 1873 in New York City and incorporated in 1890, the Young Friends' Aid Association sought to provide the destitute with the temporary pecuniary or material aid necessary to support them into financial independence. Substantial aid was given to unemployed fathers, the homeless, and widows with children, although scholarships and student loans were also made available on occasion. The collection includes minutes, lists of members, financial records, and a scrapbook of activities...
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 3
- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Nonprofit organizations -- New York 1
- Poor -- Services for -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Prison reformers 1
- Quaker social reformers 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Poor -- Services for 1
- Social reformers 1
- Social service -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities -- New York 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Women and peace 1 ∧ less