Jones, Mary Hoxie
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains poems written in honor of Rufus Jones and Henry J. Cadbury and their families.
The collection contains records of meeting minutes, correspondence, financial statements, information concerning the Conference for Quaker Historians and Archivists, details about various committes within the association, publications and publicity, events, and miscellaneous materials of the Friends Historical Association.
The Friends' Institute in Philadelphia was established in the late 19th century to afford a reading room for Quakers coming from surrounding areas into the city. Records include correspondence, minutes, financial accoutns, membership records, annual reports and building plans.
The Quaker families of Jones and Cadbury were interrelated with many other Quaker families in the United States and England. This collection provides a rich source of genealogical and historical information, not only on the Jones and Cadbury families, and especially Mary Hoxie Jones (1904-2003) and Emma Cadbury Jr. (1875-1965), but also, significantly, on the Warder family, as well as the Bartram, Brown, Carter, Foulke, Kaighn, Lowry, Mennell, Pearsall, Shinn, and Shipley families.
The Mary Hoxie Jones collection includes genealogy and history materials on the Jones and Cadbury families, photo albums and scrapbooks of travel by Mary Hoxie Jones, and personal correspondence and poetry.
This collection is comprised of the typed scripts of a play written by Mary Hoxie Jones, entitled "The King's Missive," as well as two copies of the program of the Annual Business Meeting and Entertainment of Friends Historical Association, and a reproduced letter with a wax seal addressed to "Carles R." and signed by "William Morris," and was presumably used as a prop in a production of "The King's Missive."
This collection contains letters written between Mary Hoxie Jones and Elizabeth Gray Vining.
- Quakers 4
- correspondence 3
- diaries 3
- photographs 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 2
- financial records 2
- manuscripts (documents) 2
- American poetry -- Quaker authors 1
- Austria -- History -- 1918-1938 1
- Bryn Mawr (Pa.) 1
- China -- History -- Boxer Rebellion, 1899-1901 1
- Classicists 1
- Drama 1
- Iowa 1
- Mental health 1
- Missionaries 1
- Mysticism 1
- Neurology 1
- Philippines 1
- Philippines -- Photographs 1
- Philippines -- Social life and customs 1
- Photography -- History 1
- Poland -- History 1
- Psychology 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Reading rooms 1
- Religion -- Study and teaching 1
- Silesia (Poland : Voivodeship) -- History 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Japan 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- Society of Friends -- War relief and reconstruction 1
- Travel 1
- Women travelers 1
- genealogical tables 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- notebooks 1
- postcards 1
- sketches 1
- speeches (documents) 1 ∧ less