Elfreth, Jacob R. Jr., 1837-1924
- Existence: 1837 - 1924
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection is comprised of five volumes of the commonplace books of various members of the Elfreth family, including Rebecca P. Elfreth, Jacob R. Elfreth Sr., Jacob R. Elfreth Jr,. and Jane P. Elfreth. The volumes include poetry, extracts, pressed leaves and flowers, and clippings of illustrations.
The account book of Jacob R. Elfreth, who served for many years as the treasurer of the Darby Preparative Meeting, includes names of members, their occupations, and cash balances for each member.
“Some Notes on Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Extracted by Jacob R. Elfreth of Landsdowne, Penna. From his Diary”
This collection is comprised of the single volume manuscript of Jacob R. Elfreth’s notes on Philadelphia Yearly meeting, as well as correspondence related to the manuscript.
Although the central figure in this collection is the Philadelphia Quaker businessman and philanthropist, T. Wistar Brown (1826-1916), it also includes materials relating to his father Moses Brown, mother Mary Wistar Brown, and wife Mary Farnum Brown, along with other members of the Brown family. Among the papers are correspondence, diaries, scrapbooks and deeds.
- Quakers 3
- Quakers -- History 3
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 2
- financial records 2
- Education -- United States 1
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and Government -- 1865-1950 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 1
- Poetry 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- account books 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- commonplace books 1
- diaries 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photograph albums 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less