Fernandez, Richard R. (Richard Ritter)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The collection includes minutes (1966-1973), correspondence (1965-1978), material on Clergy and Laity Concerned's programs and projects, Clergy and Laity Concerned (CALC) publications and posters, press releases, clippings, photographs, and files on local CALC groups, particularly the Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (1969-1981). Also included are files of the newspaper American Report (1970-1974) and material relating to Help Unsell the War, a mass media campaign in 1971-1972. Correspondents...
Overview Vietnam Summer was a nationwide project designed to reach concerned citizens throughout the United States and to weld them into an organized and active constituency against the war in Vietnam. Martin Luther King, Jr., Benjamin Spock and others launched the project nationally on April 23, 1967. From headquarters in Cambridge, Mass. co-directors Richard R. Fernandez and Lee D. Webb coordinated the efforts of 500 paid staff members and over 26,000 volunteers in about 700 local projects. Vietnam...
- College students -- Political activity -- History -- Sources 1
- College students -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- College teachers -- Political activity -- History -- Sources 1
- College teachers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Demonstrations -- United States -- History -- Sources 1