Brickner, Balfour, 1926-2005
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The collection includes minutes (1966-1973), correspondence (1965-1978), material on Clergy and Laity Concerned's programs and projects, Clergy and Laity Concerned (CALC) publications and posters, press releases, clippings, photographs, and files on local CALC groups, particularly the Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (1969-1981). Also included are files of the newspaper American Report (1970-1974) and material relating to Help Unsell the War, a mass media campaign in 1971-1972. Correspondents...
Overview The World Conference on Religion and Peace (WCRP) is an international organization of representatives of the world's major religious traditions who meet to study and act upon global problems affecting peace, justice, and human survival. Five world conferences have been held (Kyoto, 1970; Louvain, 1974; Princeton, 1979; Nairobi, 1984; and Melbourne, 1989) as well as numerous regional assemblies. From 1970-1984, the international headquarters in New York was directed by Homer A. Jack,...
Abstract In the early 1960s religious leaders, Rabbi Maurice Eisendrath and Dana McLean Greeley (Unitarian-Universalist) independently saw the need for national confernce on religion and peace. The organized the National Inter-religious Conference on Peace held March 15-17, 1966, in Washington, D.C., which brought together clergymen and laymen from all peace oriented viewpoints to discuss the relation of religion to peace. Minister and peace activist Homer A. Jack was also involved in organizing the...
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Clergy -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Congresses and conventions -- Japan -- History -- Sources 1
- Congresses and conventions -- Washington (D.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Disarmament -- History -- Sources 1
- Human rights -- History -- Sources 1
- Laity -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- History -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- United States -- Sources 1 ∧ less