Coffin, William Sloane, Jr., 1924-2006
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The collection includes minutes (1966-1973), correspondence (1965-1978), material on Clergy and Laity Concerned's programs and projects, Clergy and Laity Concerned (CALC) publications and posters, press releases, clippings, photographs, and files on local CALC groups, particularly the Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (1969-1981). Also included are files of the newspaper American Report (1970-1974) and material relating to Help Unsell the War, a mass media campaign in 1971-1972. Correspondents...
Abstract The Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam was founded in 1969. Cora Weiss was the co-chair and director of the organization from 1969-1972. The Committee organized the exchange of letters and packages between families of prisoners of war in Vietnam and the POWs. The Committee played a significant role in providing information to the U.S. public about the POW situation and in the public debates about this issue. Other supporters and activists with the...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1969-1973
Abstract The Peace Action collection is a continuation of the SANE and SANE Education Fund (DG 58) collection, which also resides at the SCPC (the papers of the Nuclear Weapons Freeze Campaign are at the University of Missouri at St. Louis). It documents the merger of SANE and the NWFC, as well as the goals and work of the merged organization, through meeting minutes, correspondence, program files, press clippings and other publicity, statements and communications with Congress and other leaders, as...
- Subject: Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Antinuclear movement 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Nuclear disarmament 1
- Nuclear disarmament -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. 1
- Peace movements 1
- Political prisoners -- Vietnam -- History -- Sources 1
- Prisoners of war -- Vietnam -- History -- Sources 1
- United States 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Missing in action -- History -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Prisoners and prisons -- History -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- United States -- Sources 1
- War crimes -- Vietnam -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less