Coffin, William Sloane, Jr., 1924-2006
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The collection includes minutes (1966-1973), correspondence (1965-1978), material on Clergy and Laity Concerned's programs and projects, Clergy and Laity Concerned (CALC) publications and posters, press releases, clippings, photographs, and files on local CALC groups, particularly the Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (1969-1981). Also included are files of the newspaper American Report (1970-1974) and material relating to Help Unsell the War, a mass media campaign in 1971-1972. Correspondents...
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Foley, Michael S.
Overview Cora Weiss is a peace and social justice leader and activist. She is a supporter of the United Nations, an early member of Women Strike for Peace, a leader in the anti-Vietnam war movement in the United States. In the 1970s Weiss was the director of the Riverside Church (New York, NY) Disarmament Program. Weiss was also active with SANE, SANE/Freeze, Peace Action, and The Hague Appeal for Peace. Weiss became president of the International Peace Bureau in 2000. She has always been active in...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960-
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States -- Sources 2
- Antinuclear movement 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States 1
- Conscientious objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Draft resisters -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements 1
- Peace movements -- United States 1
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Political activists -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Civilian relief 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Draft resisters -- United States -- Sources 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- United States -- Sources 1
- Women and peace 1
- Women and peace -- United States 1 ∧ less