Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Pennsylvania Committee for Total Disarmament Records
Overview The Pennsylvania Committee for Total Disarmament was active from 1930 to 1936, chiefly in and around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Through public opinion and personal contacts, PCTD supporters pressured Congress to support total disarmament, including passage of the Frazier Amendment outlawing war. Other objectives of the Committee included a Congressional investigation of the munitions industry, opposition to all preparations and training for war (including ROTC), and support for...
War Resisters' International Records
The War Resisters' International was founded at Bilthoven, Netherlands, in 1921 by representative pacifists from that country, Germany, Austria and Great Britain. The War Resisters' International was never more than a coordinating body in its relationship to affiliated groups.
Women's Peace Society Records
Overview Women's Peace Society was not interested in using political or economic means to end what it termed "war-madness". Rather, its members chose educational methods such as handing out literature, participating in demonstrations, speaking at public events, and holding school contests. In August 1921, it sponsored a conference at Niagara Falls where it cooperated with Canadian peace women in starting the Women's Peace Union of the Western Hemisphere. The Women's Peace Union chose to work...
Dates: 1914-1933; Majority of material found within 1914-1933
Women's Peace Union: U.S. Branch Records
The Women's Peace Union was founded in August 1921 to encourage the formation of a peace group to encompass all the women of the western hemisphere, to work for complete disarmament and the abolition of all constitutional and legal sanctions for war. Records in the Swarthmore College Peace Collection are those of the United States branch.
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Conscientious objection 1
- Conscientious objection -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Disarmament -- History -- Sources 1
- Disarmament -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Draft resisters 1
- Free trade -- History -- Sources 1
- Nonviolence 1
- Pacifism 1
- Pacifism -- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifism -- Societies, etc. 1
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. 1
- Peace movements 1
- Peace movements -- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- War -- Moral and ethical aspects 1
- War -- Moral and ethical aspects -- History -- Sources 1
- Weapons industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and Peace -- History -- Sources 1
- Women and peace 1 ∧ less