- Existence: 1801 - 1856
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Richard T. Cadbury collection
Letters of English and American Friends written at the end of the 18th century on topics relating to travel in the ministry in England and the northeastern United States, Friends, and health. Almost all the letters are directed to Quaker minister, James Thornton.
Thomas Fisher commonplace book
This collection is comprised of the single volume commonplace book of Thomas Fisher. It includes poetry, copies of letters, and extracts.
Thomas Fisher letterbook
The majority of correspondence included is business correspondence related to Fisher's mathematics and his book, "Dial of the Seasons, or a Portraiture of Nature," on Fisher's theory of the effect of "the angles of incidence of the meridian sunlight." There are also a small number of letters of personal correspondence, generally letters of introduction for friends or family traveling to Philadelphia or New York.
Thomas Fisher manuscript
This collection is comprised of the single volume manuscript of poetry, written by Thomas Fisher. Poems included in the volume are largely related to related to American history.
Thomas Fisher signature album
- Quakers 3
- Mathematics 2
- Poetry 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- American poetry 1
- Family -- Religious life -- Society of Friends 1
- Health 1
- Literature 1
- Quakers -- England 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- History -- 18th century 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Relations with African Americans 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- England 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1
- commonplace books 1
- correspondence 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1 ∧ less