Morris, Samuel, 1827-1905
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Joseph Brinton, an outspoken member of the Society of Friends from southeastern Pennsylvania, was active in the Wilburite schisms of the 1850s and 1860's in New England. His family papers include his own journals, as well as his extensive correspondence. This collection also includes the correspondence of his two wives, Mary H. Brinton and Anna H. Brinton.
This collection contains one volume of minutes (1866 - 1882) from the Trustees of the Milcah Martha Moore Fund. The minutes consist of treasurer reports, and decisions about use of the funds.
The papers of two prominent Philadelphia Quaker families, Morris and Sansom, spanning more than two centuries, from the colonial period into the 20th century. Topics include cultural and religious life and social and economic development.
This collection contains notebooks with notes written by Samuel Morris during his time at Haverford College from 1842 to 1844. There is also one volume about a trip he took around Pennsylvania in 1838.
The Society for Home Culture records includes four volumes: three volumes of minutes, which include tipped in annual reports, and lists of students with the subject they studied, by year; and one volume of a list of books to be studied, which includes the name of items, sometimes a brief description of the item, and the date of publication.
- Education -- United States 2
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- Women -- Education 2
- manuscripts (documents) 2
- Adult education of women 1
- Dairy farmers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Ercildoun (Pa.) 1
- Haverford (Pa.) 1
- Poetry 1
- Poverty 1
- Primitive Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Quakers -- Rhode Island 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster County 1
- Society of Friends -- Rhode Island -- Newport 1
- Society of Friends -- Wilburite controversy 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- notebooks 1 ∧ less