Green, Albert Lamborn, 1845-1947
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Convention of Delegates from the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite) on Indian Affairs. Executive Central Committee Records
Overview The Convention of Delegates was an association of seven Hicksite Yearly Meetings who managed Indian affairs in the Northern Superintendency during the period of President U.S. Grant's “Peace Policy.” The collection contains correspondence and reports of Indian agents, extracts from minutes and reports, financial records, legislative documents, and printed materials published by the convention. Persons represented include William Burgess, John G. Gasmann, Albert L. Green, Samuel M. Janney,...
Represents, in large measure, the Cooper and Wills families of E. Newbold Cooper and the Green, Hawkins, and Sharpless families of Margaret Hawkins.
Overview Albert Lamborn Green (1845-1947) was a Quaker Indian Agent for the Otoe Agency in Nebraska during the period of President Grant's "peace policy," 1869-1872. The bulk of the correspondence in this collection is comprised of letters written to Green from Philadelphia Friends in regard to gifts in support of Indian work. Later letters written by Green describe from memory the social life and customs of the Otoe Indians. The collection has information on the Otoe language, vocabulary, etc., and...
Joint Committee on Indian Affairs and the Indian Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) Records
Overview Records of the Joint Committee on Indian Affairs, and its predecessor, the Indian Committee (1837-1850) of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite). Also includes the letter books of John Saunders of Philadelphia, Secretary of the Joint Committee, and correspondence of Barclay White, Jesse W. Griest, Thomas Lightfoot, Samuel M. Janney, Levi K. Brown, Samuel Jeanes, and Albert Lamborn Green. Reports include information about the Senecas, the Otos and the Otoe Agency, the Santees and the Santee...
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 3
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1869-1934 2
- Indians of North America -- Missions 2
- Indians of North America -- Nebraska 2
- Oto Indians 2
- Quakers -- Social service -- United States 2
- Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with the poor -- Society of Friends 1
- Fox Indians 1
- Indian agents -- United States 1
- Indians of North America -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Nebraska 1
- Santee Indians 1
- Sauk Indians 1
- Society of Friends -- Delaware 1
- Society of Friends -- Maryland 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- Nebraska 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 1 ∧ less