Scott, Job, 1751-1793
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
The Hicks family was a Long Island, New York, Quaker family with extensive connections to prominent members of the Society of Friends. The collection contains correspondence, mostly relating to Quaker concerns, received by Isaac Hicks (1815-1900) and others; genealogical research of Benjamin D. Hicks, and miscellaneous collected papers concerning the Society of Friends and Swarthmore College.
The Jackson-Conard Family Papers include correspondence and other manuscripts of the Jackson and Conard families of London Grove Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. The primary recipients are William Jackson (1746-1834), a Quaker minister, and his nephew, William Jackson (1789-1864), who served a single term in the Pennsylvania State Senate and was active in the anti-slavery movement.
This collection contains three letters written by Job Scott to fellow Quaker Hugh Judge. Scott wrote the letters while travelling in religious ministry in Oxbridge, Philadelphia, and Charleston, S.C. The letters mostly contain spiritual musings.
This collection includes photocopies of papers in the Tyler Arboretum Library that relate to Quakers. Included is a list of public Friends, verses of Job Scott, and minutes from Chester Monthly Meeting of Friends.
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 4
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- African Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with African Americans 1
- Gardening 1
- Indians, treatment of 1
- Lay ministry -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Legislators -- Pennsylvania 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Poetry -- Women authors -- 19th century 1
- Poor -- Services for 1
- Prison reformers 1
- Quaker politicians 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers -- Charities -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County 1
- Quakers -- Poetry 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Yellow fever -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1 ∧ less