Bond, Elizabeth Powell, 1841-1926
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Small bound volume with many , labeled informal snapshots, mostly of leisure activities of students. Includes Dean Bond, trip to Sea Side Park, sorority rush, 1902-03 women’s basketball team, 1903 men’s lacrosse, 1903-04 women’s hockey team. Many pictures of Alice Sullivan and Marguerite Campion, also class of 1904.
Photographs of historic sites in England and some friends (including J. William Graham and family).
Emily Cooper Johnson was a Quaker author and reformer, born 1885 and died 1966 The collection contains correspondence, articles, reviews, and other papers, relating to Johnson's books, Dean Bond of Swarthmore: A Quaker Humanist (1927), and Under Quaker Appointment: The Life of Jane P. Rushmore (1955); together with business and financial papers, family marriage certificates, reference materials, clippings, and photos.
Aaron M. (Aaron Macy) Powell, 1832-1899, was a Quaker social reformer. The collection contains correspondence, much of it letters of condolence following the death (1867) of Powell's daughter Elizabeth, biographical materials and tributes, and mss. of his biographies of George Fox and Wendell Phillips.
- Collection 4
- Archival Record 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Quakers -- United States 2
- Universities and colleges 2
- biographies (documents) 2
- Abolitionists 1
- Americans -- Travel -- England -- History -- 19th century 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Education -- Pennsylvania -- Swarthmore 1
- Prison reformers 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Social reformers -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women artists 1
- Women authors, American 1
- criticism 1 ∧ less