Sharpless, Isaac, 1848-1920
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Spike's Diary is a memoir written in the third person by George A. Dunlap (Class of 1916) about his experiences with various staff and faculty members during and after his time at Haverford.
The papers include the correspondence of Rayner and Naomi Kelsey, a diary kept by Naomi Kelsey, sermons and talks of Rayner Kelsey, and a number of miscellaneous objects.
The signature albums of Irvin C. Poley include autographs of famous people, particularly authors, actors, and those in government or diplomacy, primarily sent to Poley, though there are other recipients as well. Many of the instances are signatures. Some of the more well-known authors who wrote letters, rather than just signatures, often relate to speaking at an event or a fund solicitation or response to comment or request for signature from Poley.
Isaac Sharpless's papers consist of several publications by and about Sharpless, two letter books containing copies of his outgoing correspondence as President of Haverford College, and a scrapbook containing newspaper and journal articles by and about Sharpless.
The Society for Home Culture records includes four volumes: three volumes of minutes, which include tipped in annual reports, and lists of students with the subject they studied, by year; and one volume of a list of books to be studied, which includes the name of items, sometimes a brief description of the item, and the date of publication.
- correspondence 4
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- diaries 2
- letter books 2
- Adult education of women 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Clubs 1
- College presidents 1
- College students -- United States 1
- Education 1
- Education -- United States 1
- Historic house museums 1
- Inauguration 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Mathematics 1
- New Jersey 1
- Political leadership -- United States 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Spirituality -- Society of Friends 1
- Theology 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- academic addresses (documents) 1
- autograph albums 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- photographs 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less