Parrish, Dillwyn, 1809-1886
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Central Soup Society of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was incorporated on March 6, 1861, with the charitable purpose of distributing soup and other food to the poor and needy during the inclement seasons. The organization was founded by Hicksite Quakers and continued to serve the people of Philadelphia throughout the 20th century. It survives at the turn of the 21st century as a foundation. Records of the Central Soup Society; includes financial records, minutes, and miscellaneous...
Abstract This collection comprises the letters and papers of Daniel Neall. Included are essays on various academic subjects, poems, and an account of the life of his father, Daniel Neall. Also included are personal letters of Daniel Neall, and papers relating to the 50th Anniversary convention of the American Anti-Slavery Society in 1883. Minutes of this meeting are included, as well as letters relating to its organization, from Edward M. Davis, Mary Grew, and Dillwyn Parrish. Among these are letters...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1834-1977- 1834-1884
Overview Collection contains papers of the Parrish family, a prominent Philadelphia Quaker family. Includes correspondence, writings, and other papers of Edward Parrish, first president of Swarthmore College. Also of special interest is the correspondence of Dillwyn Parrish and his aunt and uncle, William and Deborah Parrish Wright; the letters of the Wrights in 1835 and 1836 give information about abolition and anti-slavery efforts in Lancaster County. A scrapbook assembled by Clemmons Parrish...
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Abolitionists -- Pennsylvania 1
- Charities -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Church work with the poor -- Society of Friends 1
- Food relief -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Pennsylvania 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Poor -- Services for 1
- Poor -- Services for -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Poor -- Services for 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities 1
- Soup kitchens -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less