Skip to main content

Dover Monthly Meeting records

Identifier: HC.MC-950-059

Scope and Contents

This collection is comprised of the records of Dover Monthly Meeting, including meetings and certificates of removal.


  • Creation: 1737-1801


Access Restrictions

The collection is open for research use.

Use Restrictions

Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).

Historical Note

In 1680, after facing challenges from Puritan authorities, Quakers in Dover, New Hampshire, succeeded in establishing a Meeting in the city. In 1768, the Dover Quakers built their third meetinghouse, which remains standing today and is the oldest religious structure in Dover. In 1912, due to declining Quaker populations, the Meeting closed. It reopened in 1955, and continues to meet. The Dover Monthly Meeting exists under the Dover Quarterly Meeting and the New England Yearly Meeting.


.01 linear ft. (1 folder)

Language of Materials



This collection is comprised of the records of Dover Monthly Meeting.


The Dover Monthly Meeting records were donated to Special Collections, Haverford College in 1947 by Annie E. Pinkham.

Processing Information

Processed by Kara Flynn; completed January, 2016. Revised by Allison Hall; completed June, 2020.

Dover Monthly Meeting records, 1737-1801
Kara Flynn
February, 2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting repoductions from Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections Library

370 Lancaster Ave
Haverford PA 19041 USA US