SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records
Found in 126 Collections and/or Records:
Audio cassettes and some transcripts of interviews with 55 Quakers, chiefly born in Chester County between 1889-1910. Interviews contain largely autobiographical data, as well as information about Quaker life and Chester County in general.
Penn Sewing School was founded in 1868 as the Friends Sewing School. The name was changed in 1871 and classes suspended in 1899. The collection contains minute books (1876-1906), charter, history, printed report, and other papers.
Records of Philadelphia Friends Housing Inc., an independent corporation affiliated with Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of Friends. The corporation raised and lent money for urban redevelopment in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Quaker Women was a organization, informal in structure and membership, which worked with the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends to address the concerns of women. It was laid down in 1970. This collection contains minutes, financial reports, correspondence, and miscellaneous material, 1961-1971.
Philadelphia Young Friends' Association was a Hicksite organization established in 1888 for educational and social purposes. The Young Friends Association established and operated The Whittier, a hotel and social center in Philadelphia. The name of the Association was changed in 1957 to The Whittier Association. The collection contains minutes, financial records, correspondence, and other records.