SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records
Found in 126 Collections and/or Records:
The Friends Literary and Library Association was a Hicksite Quaker organization formed in New York City in 1880 to provide the opportunity for mutual improvement in religious and literary subjects. Records from 1880 to 1906 include minutes, treasurers' records, and library catalogues.
Friends Medical Society is an informal association established in 1950 to voice Quaker concerns in the field of medicine, and, more specifically, to act as a medical and advisory resource for the American Friends Service Committee and other national and international medical programs. Its records contain minutes of the annual meetings, correspondence, and some miscellaneous papers.
Friends Neighborhood Guild is a social welfare agency established by Hicksite Quakers in 1879 to serve the Poplar section of North Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It began as a volunteer organization for immigrant children and evolved into a settlement house and community center. This collection primarily contains early records of Friends Neighborhood Guild, and also the records of two related Quaker societies, the Friendly Settlement Association and the Spring Street Mission.
Friends Opportunity in the Orient was an unofficial Hicksite organization which sponsored a Quaker teacher in Canton, China, in the 1920s. The collection contains primarily correspondence with Margaret Hallowell Riggs, who was sponsored to teach at Canton Christian College and Canton Hospital.
Friends Peace Teams (FPT) is an international non-profit charitable organization founded by North American Quaker Yearly Meetings in 1993. This collection includes records of Friends Peace Teams Council, the governing body of the group, as well as subject files.
Friends Reading Circle of Media was a Quaker book group established in 1877 in Media, Pennsylvania, for the purpose of discussing Quaker and other religious writings and as a social gathering for Friends. This collection contains its minutes, 1877-1891. Also included are minutes of the Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District, 1875-1876, whose secretary, Elton B. Gifford, moved to the Media area in 1877.
The Friends Sesqui-Centennial Commission was an organization involved with coordinating Quaker activities relating to the sesquicentennial celebration of the American Revolution in 1926 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The collection contains a minute book containing committee and treasurer's reports, registration books, printed material and other records.
Friends Social Lyceum, a Quaker social and study group, was established by 1872 in Wilmington, Delaware. This collection contains the minutes, 1872-1881, in two bound volumes.