SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records
Found in 126 Collections and/or Records:
The Hollywood Children's Summer Home of Baltimore City was a Quaker association established in 1892 to provide a two-week outing in the countryside for poor children of Baltimore City and vicinity. It was closed in 1917, due to the proliferation of other fresh air charities in Baltimore. The collection includes minutes, financial records, roll book, and annual reports.
The Howard Institution was a Quaker women's charity founded in Philadelphia in 1853 to provide shelter to discharged female prisoners. Its scope was later broadened to assist more generally troubled women and girls. It ceased activity in 1956. The collection contains correspondence from 1942 to 1956, administrative papers, and printed reports and history.
Records of Barnes Trustees Inc., formed in 1949 to hold in trust for Abington Meeting and School the land deeded for its use February of 1697. Also included in their responsibility are investments made with funds received from land sales over time.
Joint Committee on Indian Affairs of the Four Yearly Meetings of Genesee, Baltimore, New York and Philadelphia
The Indian Committees of New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Genesee (Hicksite) united in 1838 to protect the Seneca Indians from the Ogden Land Company which was trying to buy their land. This collection contains papers relating to the joint committee of representatives, including correspondence chiefly concerning the ceding of Seneca lands in New York by treaty under questionable circumstances. Correspondents include Benjamin Ferris (1780-1867).
Kendal at Longwood is a Quaker-sponsored retirement community located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. The Kendal Residents' Association Collection includes records of the History Committee and copies of the Kendal Reporter.
The Ladies Art Association was founded in New York City in 1867, and its members were involved in studio art and art education. Many of its members and officers were Quakers. The collection contains the Association's constitution, publicity materials, correspondence (1887-1914), and other records.