SFHL/SCA/stu. Student Groups and Activities
Found in 41 Collections and/or Records:
The first Swarthmore College yearbook, Halcyon was published in 1883. It has appeared annually nearly every year since. This small collection contains an advertising accounts book, receipt and expenditures journal, and banking records, 1924-1925.
The Nulset Review was a semi-annual Swarthmore College student journal of the creative arts, published 1976-1980. This small collection contains writings and images submitted for publication and financial records.
The Swarthmore Outing Club, still active and known as "The Outsiders" as of 2015, plans excursions such as hiking, climbing, and backpacking for students. In 1961, interested students in the Outing Club registered as Swarthmore Grotto #98, a student chapter of the National Speleological Society. This collection of Swarthmore Outing Club records, circa 1961-1968, consists of files on caves explored by the club and issues of the club's biannual newsletter.
Collection contained the records of the Advocacy Training Group Project at Swarthmore College that trained students as peer faciliators in mediation and conflict resolution. It also includes materials related to various types of student advocacy in the late 1980s through the early 1990s.
This collection contains records of the Swarthmore College Athletic Association (SCAA), a student organization that held various administrative responsibilities relating to men's athletics. It was founded in 1877 and dissolved ca. 1939. The collection also contains materials concerning the Athletic Advisory Committee, Athletic Committee, and Athletic Advisory Board, organizations that facilitated cooperation on athletic issues between the SCAA and alumni and faculty.
Book and Key was a senior men's honor society that was active at Swarthmore College from 1906 to 1957. The collection contains the records of the Book and Key and the Temple Trust Association including by-laws, history, minutes, financial papers, correspondence, scrapbooks, a large Bible, and a large plaque.
The Swarthmore Camera Club was student organization devoted to the study of photography. It sponsored an annual Lantern Slide Exhibition beginning in 1894 for which the participants took the photographs and manufactured the slides for presentation. This small collection contains a volume of minutes, 1896-1902, with some financial records and program..
This collection consists of twelve paintings created by Swarthmore College students as an expression of reactions to the Gulf War. The artworks were created as part of a group activity, "War Art Painting Session," sponsored by Junto and the Swarthmore Committee Opposed to Registration and the Draft (CORD).