SFHL/SCA/stu. Student Groups and Activities
Found in 41 Collections and/or Records:
The collection contains the records, 1905-1912, of Pi Sigma Fraternity of Swarthmore College. The fraternity was founded in 1905 and in 1912 became the Alpha Beta Chapter of Delta Gamma, the national women's fraternity.
The Sager Symposium is an annual conference at Swarthmore College focusing on different issues relevant to the LGBTQ community. The first Sager Symposium was held in 1989. The collection contains records of the Sager Committee and event-related materials, 1988-2002.
This collection contains various materials, including records related to membership, research funding, lectures, meetings, events, photographs, and paraphernalia created by both the national organization and the local chapter.
The Swarthmore Warders of Imaginative Literature, Swarthmore College's science fiction & fantasy club, was formed in 1979. The club regularly organizes showings of science fiction and fantasy movies, short story readings, and occasionally brings writers to speak at Swarthmore.
The Swarthmore College Women's Resource Center was founded in 1974. It was named the Alice Paul Women's Center until the name was changed in the early 1990s to the Women's Resource Center. This collection includes records relating to the founding of Swarthmore’s Women’s Center, minutes, logbooks, and other papers.
Ye Monks of the Black Cowl was a secret society composed of ten male students chose from even year classes at Swarthmore College. The file contains the initiation rite, constitution, a scavenger hunt, and other papers.
This collection contains meeting minutes, handbooks, and other records of the Women's Athletic Association of Swarthmore College (WAA), a student organization that held various administrative responsibilities relating to women's athletics. It was founded in 1898 as the Girls' Athletic Club of Swarthmore College. The Women's Athletic Association existed in some form into the 1980s at least.