SFHL/SHS. Swarthmore Historical Society
Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
Barbara Bernhardt was raised in the Borough of Swarthmore, Pa., and attended the local public schools from elementary through high school. She saved many of her workbooks and papers. They provide a perspective into the coursework and standards of mid-twentieth century public education in Pennsylvania.
The Swarthmore Tree Committee was mandated by the borough of Swarthmore to fulfill the responsibilities of a Shade Tree Commission. The Tree Committee was created in 1971. The records include the mandate from the Borough of Swarthmore, minutes, and miscellaneoous papers.
Records of the Swarthmore Village Business and Professional Association, a group organized to encourage a healthy business district. The Association sponsored a sidewalk sale, Christmas Carol sing, and other activities in an effort to promote the local businesses. It dissolved in January 1994 due to lack of participation of its membership.
The collection contains publications relating to the house at 203 Park Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, and Wheelock family memorabilia including a family tree and photographs.
This collection contains the records of the Woman's Club of Swarthore, founded in 1898. The Club offered women of the community a means of support and education, a place to meet and find common interests and nurtured the founding of a number of community organizations. The Club disbanded in 2002.